- $146,350 is the median salary for cloud computing professionals in 2018.
- There are 50,248 cloud computing positions available in the U.S. today available from 3,701 employers and 101,913 open positions worldwide today.
- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), Deloitte and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have the most open cloud computing jobs today.
- Java, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Software Development, DevOps, Docker and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) are the most in-demand skills.
- Washington DC, Arlington-Alexandria, VA, San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA, New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY, San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA, Chicago-Naperville-Elgin, IL, are the top five cities where cloud computing jobs are today and will be in 2019.
Demand for cloud computing expertise continues to increase exponentially and will accelerate in 2019. To better understand the current and future direction of cloud computing hiring trends, I utilized Gartner TalentNeuron. Gartner TalentNeuron is an online talent market intelligence portal with real-time labor market insights, including custom role analytics and executive-ready dashboards and presentations. Gartner TalentNeuron also supports a range of strategic initiatives covering talent, location, and competitive intelligence.
Gartner TalentNeuron maintains a database of more than one billion unique job listings and is collecting hiring trend data from more than 150 countries across six continents, resulting in 143GB of raw data being acquired daily. In response to many Forbes readers’ requests for recommendations on where to find a job in cloud computing, I contacted Gartner to gain access to TalentNeuron.
Find how many Cloud Computing jobs are standing in the current market, read here:
Find your career in Cloud Computing by joining right course: